Tel.: +7 (812) 331-96-20
Facility: Severstal OJSC, Cherepovets − Cherepovets Steel Mill. Steel industry. Electrical steel melting workshop.
HSC of “Plavka” APCS is designed to automatize melting process in three 450-ton converters in order to optimize the melting process, reduce costs and improve technical and economic performance of steelmaking process.
The developed and put into operation HSC of “Plavka” APCS:
- automatically controls the converter melting process from lancing to oxygen cutoff, including all melt sampling operations,
- controls solids supply line, lance position, lancing rate per working lance, measuring lance movement,
- creates, delivers and executes commands for measurement of carbon concentration in the melt and its temperature when the set value is achieved,
- creates, delivers and executes the afterblow command to reach the set complete fusion melting point.
- performs visualization and archivation of melting parameters.
HSC of “Plavka” APCS:
- is based on the synthesis of process, balance, dynamic and statistical models. The number of process models herewith may exceed ten. It has a process models constructor that quickly responds to newly developed special steels with unique requirements included into nomenclature.
- is a flexible system that allows the operator - melt engineer to adjust parameters in the course of the melting process and to return a part of solids according to the obtained visual and acoustic information about the melting process without exiting from the automatic mode.
- was designed according to the principle of specification of the parameters of the input data, reduction of their uncertainty during the melting process.
HSC of “Plavka” APCS has reduced:
- Melting time,
- Solids consumption,
- Iron spillage,
- Utility consumption,
- Semiproduct production cost.
HSC of “Plavka” APCS has increased the accuracy of achieved melting technological parameters.
Manager: Aleksey Babushkin