Tel.: +7 (812) 331-96-20
Facility: Volzhsky pipe factory OJSC
Total project implementation period (from receipt of letter of guarantee until the equipment commissioning) – 4 months.
The following tasks were performed:
1. Change of outdated factory-assembled thyristor converters SILKO DDC supplied by ANSALDO of 1-4th stands of continuous mill by modern armature converters, consisting of modern power thyristor bridges and Siemens control system, as well as converters for Siemens exciting circuits.
Power thyristor bridge rated current – 5600A. Nominal voltage – 760V. Quantity – 8 pc. 2pc for each mill stand).
2. Change of high-speed DC circuit breakers.
GErapid circuit breakers in number of 8 pcs. are installed (2pcs. for each mill stand). Rated current of each circuit breaker – 4200А.
3. Change of outdated equipment SIMATIC S5 of local control systems of electric drives of 1,2,3,4th stands of continuous mills by modern equipment SIMATIC S7.
Main results of the project are the following:
1. Reliability improvement of factory assembled electric drive due to use of highly reliable modern control means and exclusion of relay-contactor automatics of drives.
2. Reduction of finance expenses, associated not only with overhaul of modernized equipment, but also with reduction of its maintenance costs.
3. Increase of static and dynamic accuracy of drives, finally affecting output product quality.
4. Scope of works, executed by SPA "Saint-Petersburg Electro Technical Company":
4.1. Development of design documentation;
4.2. Manufacturing and supply of 88 control cabinets;
4.3. Installation and commissioning works;
Converters change period was 2 weeks (including commissioning)!
Manager: Mikhail Kolevatov